It is no secret that I am a big fan of Twitter. The service has completely changed the game for obtaining real-time information. When something happens around the world….get on Twitter and watch the madness ensue.
Here are 10 people that I follow and suggest you do too. Each one brings unique perspectives and humor to my daily review of Twitter. Most even respond if you contribute to the conversation!
1. Tim Ferriss (@tferriss) – Tim is the author of “The 4 Hour Workweek” and “The 4 Hour Body.” As an angel investor in Stumbleupon, Facebook, Evernote, etc he knows the startup scene. Great articles and videos to keep you entertained.
2. Aaron Levie (@levie) – Aaron is the CEO at Box. His Twitter account is littered with humorous anecdotes about business, Silicon Valley, and general misconceptions in life. Be prepared to laugh.
3. Joel Brown (@addictd2success) – Joel is the founder of addicted2success.com. Motivation is contagious and Joel is driving an online movement. Get ready to start doing things after checking out Joel’s account.
4. Brad Feld (@bfeld) – Brad is a Managing Director of Foundry Group and accomplished entrepreneur. An avid blogger, Brad provides a refreshing view on business while also injecting his personal life to show he’s human.
5. Srinivas Rao (@skooloflife) – Great idea and great perspective. Srinivas is determined to teach the world the things that they should have learned in school. Want to join the conversation? Follow him and get started.
6. Avish Bhama (@avishbhama) – Avish is the Founder of Vaurum and a great source of information. Great articles throughout the account usually leads to great conversation as well!
7. Ben Parr (@benparr) – Ben is the former Editor-At-Large at Mashable. Big time commentary on technology and social media. By uploading lots of videos Ben also keeps things fresh and interesting.
8. Vivek Wadhwa (@wadhwa) – Columnist at Washington Post with appointments at some of the greatest universities around the world (yes around the world?). Vivek is a proponent of education but invites conversation on many different topics with his thoughts.
9. Ben T Smith IV (@bentsmithfour) – Ben is a well respected entrepreneur and investor. He shares great articles, thoughts, and advice. Be prepared to learn something if you are following.
10. Steve Case (@stevecase) – Steve is co-founder of AOL. He recently helped push the StartUp Act into reality. Great ideas and even better persistence to see them through. Easy choice for all the articles and videos he shares.
This list is a great start if you are looking to expand your Twitter follows. Each brings their own benefits so proceed with caution. Follow me on Twitter @APompliano, check them out and let me know what you think in the comments below. Feel free to leave other suggestions that you think should have been included on the list as well!